Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Nostalgia Critic

As sort of an aside to the biweekly reviews, I like to interject every once in a while and share something about myself or my personal tastes (as if you don't get that enough in the reviews, but never mind that). Today, I'd like to share with you a website I frequent: That Guy With the Glasses.

This website is a pretty diverse one, ranging from movie reviews, to video game reviews, to comic book reviews, to website reviews, etcetera, etcetera. I typically visit it for the movie reviews by the Nostalgia Critic that are posted approximately once per week. The Nostalgia Critic typically reviews movies from our generation's childhood--the things we grew up with that we never saw the flaw in. The Nostalgia Critic takes a look at these kids' movies from adult eyes and just tears them apart...most of the time for good reason, too. Pagemaster was the first movie I ever saw in theaters, and I remember being spellbound watching it as a kid. We bought it right when it came out on VHS and I watched it religiously. Upon watching the Nostalgia Critic's review of Pagemaster, I see now what crap my parents had to sit through.

All-in-all, I think this is a website worth checking out. Sometimes he can be a little vulgar and even immature, but I think just looking back at these movies from a different viewpoint is fun in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment